I’m super Rusty. This took a whole 60m. I am using 3HC a random idea generator from Steambot studios. (See Below) Some times the generator can spit out some stuff that is a little hard to paint. But, I guess that’s the idea.
The tag at the bottom of the image is what it gave me this time.
(“3CH is an easy-to-use software to generate crazy ideas for your speed paintings. It has been originally programmed by hydropix with the creative participation of Vyle, Barontieri, Viag and Sparth.” ~ steambotstudios) See more at: http://www.steambotstudios.com/3CH#sthash.8myaL1ZT.dpuf
So, I have settled on 30m Sessions for my little daily thing, any longer and i wont get anything I need to get done done. So, Today I watched some tutorials and looked through my new 3DArtist Mag. I didnt really make any art so... I guess I will make Wednesday my tutorial/research day.
The following is a long ramble :) Please don't read.
I have found that if I hate what I am working on I will just keep working on it until I am too tired to do anything else trying to make it something I like. That was the idea behind timing my little sketch sessions, to keep me from doing that. I have broken my time today by a lot. I mean... Gone over my allotted amount of time. :(
If an image is a pile of crap... its going to be a pile of crap until you throw it out... Lesson learned. Hopefully. The following image is the crap I speak of. and maybe I am being too hard on my self.... well being to hard on my self is probably the the reason I kept messing with this. and scribbling back over it. over and over and over... enjoy.
I have not been posting to my blog... at all... Well I mean I haven't been posting because all the stuff I'm proud of is for longer ongoing projects. But I will be posting on here everyday just to keep my self in check. Excuse any piles of crap. I will be timing my sessions and posting what ever happen in that time period. Hope you enjoy.
After a long... long break the blog about making machines and monsters is back. This is a little preview of some of the work I will be doing for the blog. Mediums used, zbrush, photoshop, Had lots of fun.
Looking at it now I could have done more to make it pop... but, I am off to sleep. Time 2 1/2 hours
So, I have been up all night rigging, animating, fixing normal maps, and working up the best defuse maps I can make for this monster. The images below are stills from a little walk cycle I am rendering out. Hope you like. Its not long now. :)
Below is a quick low resolution BPR render from zbrush of the monster. I finished up the low poly and pulled it into zbrush and hit subdivide about 7-8 times and it looks like this. I was proud of the way the polygons started to shape the muscles just based off the lowpoly; which was only 4430 polys. I have not even started sculpting yet and it looks fancy. Can't wait to sculpt on this thing and get all that nice detail.
Trying to make sure I really like the look of this thing. I feel like this version really takes the stuff I like about the others and pushes it. I will me making a few more images of this version of the monster tweeking it and stuff. This is just a rough first sketch.
Sorry for the delay in updates on the game. I have been making a lot of concepts and UV mapping the hell out of some models. I will post the art and concepts soon. Until then I hope this High poly and low poly render set will wet your apatite, and hold you over until I finish more stuff up to my satisfaction.
So, thought I would do some more versions of the monster. Still trying to hone in on all the stuff I like and weed out the bad. Well..... this must have been me painting all the bad stuff. I really hate these but thought i would post them because they don't suck that bad... just enough for me not to like them.
So, I was about to do alot of siluquets and rapid concepting for the monser. Trying give my self some new ideas. I made a new Concept brush and just started dabing it all over the place. Before I knew it I was painting this.... Not what I planned but, I really like it. I got a nice new monster out of it, and i feel it is a nice cross between the other two. I still think I can push the design a little farther.
I also painted Simon.... That's the main characters name. I have been working on making a suit for him. This seems a little too bulky but, I like it, and it game me a reason to finalize the Adanis Corp. logo. (The company Simon works for. Hope everyone likes it. :)
This image is actually a paint over of one of my favorate sketches from my sketch book. I adjusted a lot from that sketch to here. But, I think this is some where closer to the final monster is going to look like. Maybe somewhere right between this one and the last one.