Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back on Track!

After dealing with Zbrush and getting back in the swing of things. I finished and animated the lift I also made the pipes that run up and down the tower. After that I went on to make some rubble to flesh out the word even more. After that I worked up the first image of the concept for the buildings. Last but not least I finished up the fog volumes that makeup the clouds. I also made a new particle effect that blends with them to make them look like they move across the sky instead of just undulate. I built a material for the clouds that forces them make a breathing motion. I then added another few more nodes to make each vertices move around based on their world placement. They all work together to make a really nice dynamic sky and the world come to life just a little more with every step.  Below is a screenshot of the platform with lift and pipes. The fog volumes use a per pixel shader so the tower looks very rasterized around its base in the image. This all looks fine in-game. And, the screenshot not too shabby. Below that is the concept details for the buildings. They will be modeled next!



No comments:

Post a Comment